An easy dish, but it needs a little kick!
I found this recipe on my recipe and it was good but the flavor just wasn’t there. I put a bunch of sea salt on it to bring something to the surface and it helped, but it wasn’t as delightful as I was hoping for. Ryan put Sriracha on his and he said it was a needed improvement. All in all it’s an easy recipe to put together but it needs some tweaking. Let me know how you’d modify it in the comments!
Pasta with Summer Veggies – approx. $1.85 per serving
- 4 ounces uncooked ziti or penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add squash, zucchini, and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomato and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, remaining salt, and egg. Stir into pasta mixture. Spoon into an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until bubbly and browned.